|megpie71 (megpie71) wrote,|
@ 2015-07-17 06:45:00
|Entry tags:||scam alert: 419 type|
Scam Alert, 419 type - United Nations, Gary Walker, Weathersby Private Bank
Apparently-From: UNITED NATIONS (email@example.com)
Subject: [Bulk] RE: PAYMENT UPDATE 2015
Addressed to: unknown, probably not just me.
THE UNITED NATIONS ORGANIZATION
LONDON UNITED KINGDOM
UNITED NATIONS PAYMENT APPROVAL OFFICE
Special Duties/Logistics Department
FOREIGN CONTRACT/WINNING PAYMENT BUREAU
Our Ref: UNO /SNT/STB
Attn: Beneficiary ,
WORLD BANK GROUP AND UNITED NATION ORGANIZATION do hereby give this irrevocable approval order with Release Code: GNC/3480/02/15 BATCH "A" Payment in your favor for your contract entitlement/award winning payment with the UNITED NATION to your nominated bank account. Now your new Payment, United Nation Approval No: UN5685P, White House Approved No: WH44CV, Reference No.-35460021, Allocation No: 674632 Password No: 339331, Pin Code No: 55674 and your Certificate of Merit Payment No: 103, Released Code No: 0763; Immediate Weathersby Private Bank Telex confirmation No: -1114433; Secret Code No: XXTN013, Having received these vital payment number, therefore you are qualified now to received and confirm Your payment with the United Nation immediately within the next 72hrs.
As a matter of fact, you are required to deal and Communicate only with MR GARY WALKER, DIRECTOR INTERNATIONAL REMITTANCE WEATHERSBY PRIVATE BANK, UNITED KINGDOM, with the help and monitory team from the World Bank which is our official remitting bank, Committee On Foreign Payment Matters in United Nation, have took it upon themselves to make sure you receive your fund valued $8.3m. So contact: MR GARY WALKER on his contact information, Direct Weathersby Tel/Fax Number: +447 087 693 411, Email: ( firstname.lastname@example.org ) for immediate release of your contract/inheritance/Award Winning claim Be informed that you are not allowed to correspond with any person or office anymore, You are required to send bellow information for your transfer.
(1) YOUR FULL NAME:
(2) ADDRESS, CITY, STATE AND COUNTRY:
(3) PHONE, FAX AND MOBILE:
(4) COMPANY NAME (IF ANY) POSITION AND ADDRESS:
(5) BANK DETAILS: ( BANK NAME, BANK ADDRESS, ACCOUNT & ROUTING NUMBER )
(6) PROFESSION, AGE AND MARITAL STATUS:
(7) COPY OF YOUR INT'L PASSPORT/DRIVERS LICENSE:
NOTE: YOUR PERSONAL CONTACT/COMMUNICATION CODE WITH WEATHERSBY PRIVATE BANK, UNITED KINGDOM IS (01/015/UN), YOU ARE ADVICE TO SEND YOUR FULL BANKING INFORMATION TO THE WEATHERSBY PRIVATE BANK, UNITED KINGDOM INTERNATIONAL REMITTANCE DIRECTOR HEADED BY MR GARY WALKER AND MAKE SURE YOU SPEAK WITH HIM ON THE BELOW LISTED TELEPHONE NUMBER WITH YOUR NEW PAYMENT CODE FOR RELEASE OF YOUR PAYMENT AND SEND HIM ALL YOUR BANKING INFORMATION.
CONTACT CODE (05014)
OFFICER: MR GARY WALKER
POSITION: DIRECTOR, INTL, AND REMITTANCE WEATHERSBY BANK LONDON.
MOBILE NUMBER: +447 087 693 411
EMAIL: ( email@example.com )
SIR FREDRICKSON MCCAULEY.
(CHAIRMAN COMMITTEE ON FOREIGN CONTRACT/AWARD WINING PAYMENT UNITED
NATION AND USA GOVERNMENT).
As always, these things use your greed to try and hook you. After all, there's a fun of $8.3 million at stake here... or rather, there isn't. There is, however, a wonderful opportunity to clean out your own bank accounts attempting to get hold of it.
So, scam flags flying:
1) Appears out of the blue, and implies it's the final piece of a long chain of correspondence which has just mysteriously gone astray and landed in my inbox. No addressee details, no information about who the mail is addressed to. So there's the implication that if you accept their offer and reply to the mail, you're defrauding them. Remember the old grifter adage: "You can't bilk an honest man", and avoid anything which starts out by attempting to lure you into unethical behaviour.
2) Demanding details from me (details which can be used to steal my identity, or to add my name, address, email number, phone number, fax and mobile details to a sucker list and set me up for further scams).
3) Apparently large organisations (the United Nations, a private bank in the UK) using hotmail.com and gmail.com throw-away addresses as contacts rather than their own private domains.
4) This one is incredibly cagey about what the money is intended to be - is it a contract payment, an award for damages, a prize in a lottery, or what? (Well, it doesn't really matter, since the money doesn't exist in the first place).
As always, delete and don't reply. If you have replied... well, at the very least you're probably added to someone's "sucker list", and you're going to see a lot more of these. Have a word with your bank and get them to lock down your bank account for a bit, so no unauthorised transactions go through, and see about getting your phone and mobile numbers put on a do-not-call list.
This entry was originally posted at http://megpie71.dreamwidth.org/57121.htm