|megpie71 (megpie71) wrote,|
@ 2013-11-08 08:09:00
The Last Remnant Drinking (to stay hydrated) Game
Unlike most drinking games, this one isn't intended to get you drunk. Instead, I designed it to help me stay hydrated while playing The Last Remnant. So, be warned, this works best if you're drinking something non-alcoholic and caffeine free. If you choose to do otherwise, on your own head be it.
I tend to play with a bottle of water (or a pot of tea) and a glass (or cup).
* At the beginning of each round of combat
* For every 10 enemies chained
* At the end of each successful combat
* For each successful loop chance with Mr Diggs
* For each use of the Gae Bolg, Omnistrike or equivalent attack.
* For each treasure chest opened.
* Per boss battle
* Per 100 enemies chained
1 gulp (or drain the glass/cup)
* When David's accent wanders off toward the Estuary (Brits will know what I mean; for everyone else, just rest assured that Lord David's "upper class" British accent sometimes slips a bit).
* Each time you're killed (in other words, for each "Game Over")
* Each time you exhaust your mining chances with Mr Diggs
* Each cinematic cutscene
* Each time Mr Diggs finds a morsel
[Note to the wise: if you're playing this and find you have to keep stopping to go to the lavatory, yes, that's the idea. If you're getting to the point where your kidneys feel as though they're backing up, or you're feeling bloated, cut back on the sips at the beginning of each round of combat. As with all drinking games, the rules can be altered if you feel you're on the brink of self-harm as a result.]
 I get distracted by the game, and forget to take care of myself. This isn't a good idea in the middle of an Australian summer. At least this way, I'm going to be reminded to take care of myself while I play.
This entry was originally posted at http://megpie71.dreamwidth.org/38870.htm