|megpie71 (megpie71) wrote,|
@ 2008-08-27 18:57:00
Okay, I haven't said much in the past however, mostly because things have been getting a bit intense at Chez Us, and I've been wanting to spare other folks the psychodrama that is Moving House With Meg. So, a brief summary.
* princess_kessie came and visited, and she and I are heading out to Araluen park on Saturday, thus getting me the heck *out* of the house when the Home Open is being held.
* I've been and seen the psychologist - she's very nice, and she effectively said that with everything going on at the moment (having to move, not wanting to move, needing to find a job again, searching for work, and all the other shit that goes with all of that) it's not surprising I'm feeling like crap.
* I've decided I'll be saving for a deposit on a house as soon as I get a new job. At this point I'm not so worried about having the "ideal" home, more about having something I can afford, and that I'll be happy enough living in. I figure I'll have at least ten or twenty years to make it ideal for me.
* My dose of the psych med has been raised, and I started taking the new dose on Sunday this week.
* I've had my first interview with an employer for a possible job - I'm hoping I'll get it, as it's in the mining industry, which is really booming here in WA.
* I came home from the interview to discover Himself has already packed up large chunks of the house and moved them over to his parents house (they're going to be away for six weeks in the South of France, starting later this week, so they're okay with it).
* I've bubble-wrapped a whole heap of ornaments and memorabilia and packed them in boxes. One of the boxes was just a small one, so it's full, but the other is a standard size "books" box, so there's quite a bit of free space in there.
Oh, and I've been playing a lot of World of Warcraft.