|megpie71 (megpie71) wrote,|
@ 2019-04-01 19:18:00
Selections from my AO3 fic list as an album.
Meme snagged from muccamukk
This is very much "Disc One: All My Greatest Hits" here
1. The popular, catchy one: Rainy Day in Radiant Garden (Kingdom Hearts-verse, Leon/Cloud) - This one is the one which has the most hits on my stats on AO3, so I think it probably fits the bill. More "slice of life" than actual slash.
2. The obscure early one no one bought at the time: Mutants (X-Men) - A look at the sorts of mutations which don't grant superpowers, and the ways people try to survive them.
3. The "experimental" one, written when you were possibly on some substance: Paying the Price - Prologues 1 and 2 (Pirates of the Caribbean). This was a bit of an experiment in writing the same story two ways, and trying to get working on a bit of PWP (this was all the plot, the porn was going to come later). The PWP didn't materialised, and eventually I published these two prologues rather than having them knock around on my hard drive forever and a fortnight.
4. The sl
uashy one: Purity: A Smutfic in Four Acts (FF7). I don't usually write explicit stuff, mostly because I'm just not that good at getting into the right frame of mind for things. This is one of the rare exceptions to the rule, and is another of the most popular pieces I've written.
5. The brash, loud one, mid album: Bad Jokes (LOTR) - On the road with the Fellowship, as a couple of the nine walkers start swapping bad jokes to keep their spirits up.
6. The one born of your depressive introspection: Mary Mordor Sue (LOTR). This one could fit in about three categories, but I'll put it here, because it was written when I was in a rather bad depressive spot.
7. The bitter one about your ex/former manager/cat: Nesa Conway's Notes for New Staff (FF7 Crisis Core) - this one counts mainly because when I wrote it I was bitter about not having been employed for about a decade.
8. The one only you like, you insular weirdo: Do Not Go Gently - A crossover between "Pirates of the Caribbean" and "El Mariachi". I liked the idea of bringing Jack Sparrow forward into the present-day world,
9. The genre-hopping crossover hit: A Laundry-Verse A to Z (Laundryverse) - Crossing over Charles Stross's "Laundryverse" series with kids A to Z books. Sparked by a comment thread on his blog - someone else had the idea, I just grabbed the ball and ran with it.
10. The one where you tried to be "modern": Remediation (FF7, FF7: Crisis Core) - Because I was trying something experimental when writing for uni, and I was able to get away with writing fanfic as assessable material. Aka the one where the author notes are longer than the fic and have their own separate chapter.
11. The anthemic final track: Coffee Habit (FF7, Cloud/Zack) - the Coffee Shop AU fic, because why the hell, I had to write one.
[this is something I added myself] 12. The secret bonus track: (From the FF7 Anonymous Kink Meme)
 Reference is to a track by Barenaked Ladies, "My New Box Set"
This entry was originally posted at https://megpie71.dreamwidth.org/131852.h