|megpie71 (megpie71) wrote,|
@ 2018-09-25 15:17:00
|Entry tags:||domestic upheaval, good things in life, i aten't dead, unemployment sucks|
Sorry This Is So Delayed...
Let's just say things have been a bit chaotic over here at Chez Meg, and leave it at that. Instead, I give you the five things I have learned this week that I didn't previously know:
1) 26 hours worth of study commitments counts as sufficient to serve as a 25 hour work-for-the-dole commitment (well, I knew that one previously, but I hadn't been certain whether it was the case under the current system. After all, there's a whole bunch of new ministers in place, and you can never tell whether they're going to try and prove how tough they are by kicking the unemployed harder or not).
2) It costs almost as much to have two pairs of jeans altered so they're not dragging in the dirt when I wear them as it did to buy them in the first place ($47.80 vs $50).
3) I have lost my ability to view medical and surgical procedures on human beings without getting squicked.
4) A Brekky Hero Roll costs 5c more at the Hungry Jacks in Gosnells than it does at the Hungry Jacks in Ascot.
5) The Armadale-Kelmscott Memorial Hospital has free parking for 4 hours at a stretch, which is very useful if you have to take someone into Emergency there for a non-urgent procedure.
This entry was originally posted at https://megpie71.dreamwidth.org/124933.h