|megpie71 (megpie71) wrote,|
@ 2018-09-02 19:19:00
|Entry tags:||achievement: study, officially middle-aged, the joys of: renting|
Five Things Make a Post 02 SEP 2018
1) I have caught up on all my assessments for Pleasure, Power and Popular Culture. Given the next one is due to come out tomorrow (weekly Pop Culture Consumption Challenges, which we are supposed to perform and blog about - the blog is one of our three pieces of assessment) this is not the massive reprieve it sounds like. But it's something I've achieved, and that I'm going to be pleased about.
2) The house is just about completely cleaned for the rental inspection happening on Tuesday morning. I just have to scrub the loo, sweep my bedroom floor, and sweep the front verandah, and it's all done. All of which are within my capability tomorrow morning.
3) It is somewhat annoying to discover the difference taking iron supplements for a week makes to my ability to brain and cope. All of a sudden I'm capable of a lot more than I previously was, and what's more, my Muse has apparently returned from a long hiatus and is giving me ideas for stories again. Seriously, the difference one blinkin' element can make to one's biology is slightly startling. And frustrating.
4) According to the calendar, it is Spring here in Perth. According to me, Spring isn't due to start until we hit the equinox, on around the 21st of this month.
5) This week's assessment load includes one forty-five minute "short answer" quiz for Making Meanings, and writing up an essay for Making Meanings which is due on the 14th. Because the fun never really ceases at university, it just insists on getting everything properly referenced. (Thank gods both of my units use the same referencing style - I only have to know APA 6th for this semester, which is a positive joy).
This entry was originally posted at https://megpie71.dreamwidth.org/123950.h